Wednesday, January 14, 2015
REGISTRATION CLOSES November 12.
Have you ever been curious about meditation? This course provides introductory tools and teachings for working with meditation in everyday life. With simple instructions and support, mindfulness meditation practice can become part of one's life, revealing our innate stability, strength and clarity.
Shastri Janet Solyntjes presents the practice of peaceful abiding meditation and guidance on how to establish a meditation practice. The ways that meditation practice can improve the quality of daily life are discussed, along with the obstacles. By deepening our experience and understanding of ourselves through the practice of meditation, we more fully become who we already are. In addition, participants will receive:
- Meditation posture instruction
- Shamatha yoga instruction
- Downloadable guided meditation.
Shastri Janet Solyntjes has been a member of the Shambhala community since 1984 and teaches at Shambhala centers in the US, Australia, and New Zealand. As an Adjunct Professor at Naropa University she has taught meditation courses for both students and staff, and is co-founder of the Boulder-based Center for Courageous Living.
Shambhala Online’s Way of Shambhala courses are designed for those who don’t live near a center, or who need a particular course in order to continue on the path. Each course in the series features a senior Shambhala teacher, an online community of participants, and facilitation by experienced course leaders. Over 6 to 8 weeks, course participants view recorded teachings, then gather in the online learning environment to discuss, contemplate and engage in exercises aimed at deepening their understanding.
The classes (beginning with Class Two) include suggested readings from both Sakyong Mipham's Turning the Mind into an Ally as well as Chogyam Trungpa's Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior.
This course is open to all.
1) CENTRES and GROUPS. Course leaders/coordinators, please register here on behalf of your group.
2) MIs, ADs, GUIDES and teachers may register here at the discounted rate of $60. In the comments section of your registration please indicate that you would like to take advantage of this offer.
3) AS AN INDIVIDUAL. Register at the bottom of this page. Please note that one aspect of the course involves meeting with another course participant for dialogue. You can arrange live meetings via telephone, Skype, etc.
Class size is limited.
*What time does the class meet? The course is asynchronous — view the recorded talks at a time that is convenient to you. Participants are encouraged to view one talk each week and participate in online discussions about the material. There are 6 talks; the course must be finished in 8 weeks.