Here are suggestions for doing the course:
- If you are doing the course at a center, schedule the classes a few days before each feast and have a brief check-in discussion before the feast itself, and some about the experience of the feast during the next class.
- Individuals taking the course are encouraged to form online groups to discuss the classes together, scheduling discussions after the talks or keeping in touch by email.
- Whether taking the course in a group or individually, conclude the series with a feast.
About Our Courses
The online courses are designed for those who don’t live near a Shambhala Center, or who need a particular course in order to continue on the path. Each course features a senior Shambhala teacher, an online community of participants, and facilitation by an experienced course leader. Over 6 to 8 weeks, course participants view recorded teachings, then gather in the online learning environment to discuss, contemplate and engage in exercises aimed at deepening their understanding.
When Does the Class Meet?
The course is asynchronous. You may view the recorded talks at your convenience. The recommended schedule is to view one talk each week and complete the associated readings and exercises in the module. There are 6 recorded talks.
Please note that an important aspect of the course involves meeting with another course participant for dialogue. You can arrange live meetings via telephone, an online meeting forum such as Skype, or in person.
How Much Time Does it Take?
Most participants spend 2 to 3 hours per week on the course. The talks average 45 minutes in length. Allow yourself time to do the readings, meditation practices and other assignments. It’s a good idea to schedule the time on your calendar as you would for a face-to-face class.
NOTE: This program consists of six pre-recorded classes, which can be completed on your own schedule.
1) Regular Amount. $108 for individuals. $399 for Centers; $249 for Groups.
2) Patron. The Patron rate of $149 supports our efforts to connect teachers and learners through online programs. In particular, it helps us offer the generosity policy to those in need.
3) Generosity Policy. Use the "Request a discount" link before registering, to receive a coupon code to use at check-out.
NOTE to Centers and Groups: Please use your Shambhala Center account to register. Click here for instructions on creating an account.