Wednesday, March 15, 2017
NOTE: This course started January 15, however, registration is open until January 31.
A 5-week Interactive Course
Have you ever been curious about meditation? This course provides introductory tools and teachings for working with meditation in everyday life. With simple instructions and support, mindfulness meditation practice can become part of one's life, revealing our innate stability, strength and clarity.
Shastri Janet Solyntjes presents the practice of peaceful abiding meditation and guidance on how to establish a meditation practice. The ways that meditation practice can improve the quality of daily life are discussed, along with the obstacles. By deepening our experience and understanding of ourselves through the practice of meditation, we more fully become who we already are. In addition, participants will receive:
- Meditation posture instruction
- Shamatha yoga instruction
- Downloadable guided meditation
* This course is bilingual. Videos are captioned in Spanish and facilitation/discussion is bilingual. Thank you, Shambhala Trust!
About the Teacher
Shastri Janet Solyntjes has been a member of the Shambhala community since 1984 and teaches at Shambhala centers in the US, Australia, and New Zealand. As an Adjunct Professor at Naropa University she has taught meditation courses for both students and staff, and is co-founder of the Boulder-based Center for Courageous Living.
About Our Courses
The Way of Shambhala courses are designed for those who don’t live near a Shambhala Center, or who need a particular course in order to continue on the path. Each course in the series features a senior Shambhala teacher, an online community of participants, and facilitation by an experienced course leader. Over 6 to 8 weeks, course participants view recorded teachings, then gather in the online learning environment to discuss, contemplate and engage in exercises aimed at deepening their understanding.
When Does the Class Meet?
The course is asynchronous. You may view the recorded talks at your convenience. The recommended schedule is to view one talk each week and complete the associated readings and exercises in the module. There are 5 talks; the course is open for 8 weeks.
Please note that an important aspect of the course involves meeting with another course participant for dialogue. You can arrange live meetings via telephone, an online meeting forum such as Skype, or in person.
How Much Time Does it Take?
Most participants spend 2 to 3 hours per week on the course. The talks average 45 minutes in length. Allow yourself time to do the readings, meditation practices and other assignments. It’s a good idea to schedule the time on your calendar as you would for a face-to-face class.
1) Early Bird Discount. The Early Bird course rate of $99 is available until January 1. To take the discount, use this coupon code: KHYSPY .
2) Regular Amount. The regular course rate of $125 applies 2 weeks prior to the start date.
3) Patron. The Patron rate of $150 supports our efforts to connect teachers and learners through online programs. In particular, it helps us offer the generosity policy to those in need.
4) 4) Generosity Policy. We want to make the teachings available to all and will work with you to ensure your participation. Click on the Request a Discount link below, before clicking on the Register Now button, to receive a discount code to use at checkout.