Monday, December 31, 2018
Shambhala Ritual Academy: Chöpön Track
This course presents the chöpön section of the first-year Shambhala Ritual Academy with talks and presentations from the Sakyong and members of the Shambhala Ritual Academy faculty.
Core Faculty for the Ritual Academy Courses
Rupa Acharya Suzann Duquette
Chöpön Corps Director Andrea Doukas
Umdze Corps Director Timothy Quigley
Master of Liturgies Walker Blaine
Torma Director of the Chöpön Corps Kristine McCutcheon
This course includes recorded talks, contemplations, and exercises and at least one live gathering with one of the teachers. The course outline is as follows:
Ritual and Form in Shambhala
- Talk, Ritual and Form in Shambhala with Rupa Acharya Suzanne Duquette
- Vocal Warmups with Umdze Corps Director Timothy Quigley
- View of Being a Chöpön - Introductory talk by Andrea Doukas
Ritual as Joy and Our Role as Ritual Holders
- Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche: Our Role as Ritual Holders in Creating Shambhala Culture
Sacred World from the Chöpön Perspective
- Chöpön talk by Andrea Doukas: Four Ways to Contact Jnanasattva
- Study and Contemplation
Torma: View and Practicum
- Torma overview talk by Kristine McCutcheon
- Lama Pegyal making naivedya, kartor, and tsok tormas
- Concluding Remarks by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche; Final Panel Discussion and Question and Answer Session
When Does the Class Meet?
The course is asynchronous. You may view the recorded talks and complete the course at your convenience.
Please Note: Individual registration is required, even if you will be participating with others from your Center or Group.
Registration Fee: $35. Request a 25% discount before you register, using the link below. For deeper discounts or scholarship, please write to [email protected].