Saturday, July 15, 2017
Creating Financial WellBeing In Your Life
Money can be a challenging area of our lives, regardless of our income level. In this course we will study ways to bring the inherent wisdom and sanity of the Shambhala teachings into our financial lives.
Over six weeks we will be applying the principles of mindfulness, kindness, precision, generosity, and vision to step beyond hope and fear, and employ playful practicality in relating to our money. You will learn how these principles can be applied on a regular basis to reduce financial anxiety, bring more clarity and strength into how we work with money, and yes - improve our bottom line.
This is a recorded video class, but you are strongly encouraged to join the instructor onlne during our live weekly discussion groups. This is a powerful way to ground what you learn, get support, and share discoveries. (BTW no specific personal financial information is shared in these meetings.) The discussion groups are optional.
The course will draw on selected readings from
- Work, Sex, and Money by Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche
- The Soul of Money by Lynne Twist
- Ruling Your World by Sakyong Mipham
About the teacher
Joanne Martin Braun, Ph.D. currently does online training and financial coaching through the Financial WellBeing Center. She brings a unique combination of experience to this work. After painfully realizing how very little she knew about money (!) she became interested in bringing together a Shambhala inspired view with financial training. The result has been the Financial WellBeing Programs, which she has taught for the the past 15 years.
A senior Shambhala teacher, Joanne recently retired as the Regional Director of Northern California Shambhala. She has also been a trainer in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and Mindful Communications for numerous organizations. Some of her organizational clients have included Silicon Graphics, University of California, Kaiser Permanente, Charles Schwab, St. Joseph’s Medical, and Sun Microsystems.
When Does the Class Meet?
Live one-hour discussions are scheduled for the following Tuesdays at 5pm - 6pm Pacific / 8pm - 9pm Eastern:
May 23, 30, June 6, 13, 20, 27
Readings and assignments can be done at your convenience.
How Much Time Does it Take?
Expect to spend at least an hour each week on the course in addition to the class time. Allow yourself time to do the readings, practices and other assignments. It’s a good idea to schedule the time on your calendar as you would for a face-to-face class.
1) Early Bird Discount. The Early Bird course rate of $99 is available until May 1. To take the discount at registration, enter the following coupon code: KOCMDP.
2) Regular Amount. The regular course rate is $125.
3) Patron. The Patron rate of $175 supports our efforts to connect teachers and learners through online programs. In particular, it helps us offer the generosity policy to those in need.
4) Generosity Policy. We want to make the teachings available to all and will work with you to ensure your participation. Click on the Request a Discount link, just above the Register Now button, to receive a discount code to use at checkout.