Thursday, November 30, 2017
An 6-week Interactive Course
Join this very special live practice-based class with contemplative writing teacher Miriam Hall. Each week, we write from suggested prompts on our own, then share together live via Zoom video online, as well as in a private Ruzuku forum. The sharing is voluntary but allows for compassionate listening and growth in our perceptions of ourselves and our writing, as well as deep listening for others.
This class is especially focused on just getting going on, and continuing the practice of writing poetry, journal entries, essays, fiction. This is a practice-based class, to generate writing. It works easily as well for beginners as established writers. If you are interested in editing or revision, please contact Miriam for one-on-one mentoring or to meet with a practice group for editing.
Please note: This course has run before but in a more forum-based way. The live-based component is new.
Live two-hour meetings are scheduled on the following Saturdays from 10am to 12pm (Central):
- October 7
- October 14
- October 21
- October 28
- November 11
- November 18
Suggested books (not required)
- Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- Prompts shared and writing done on your own,
- Live two-hour meetings once a week (see dates above)
- Online forums to support our live meetings and offer further sharing.
- Establishing your own personal writing practice,
- Practicing compassionate feedback and listening for yourself and others,
- Playing with words, language, mind and meditation.
About the Teacher
Miriam Hall teaches contemplative arts full time, and has been an instructor in Shambhala for the last seven years. Her main focus is Contemplative Writing and Nalanda Miksang Contemplative Photography. She lives in Madison, WI, and teaches across North America and Europe.
About Our Courses
Our courses feature senior Shambhala teachers, an online community of participants, and facilitation by an experienced course leader. Over 6 to 8 weeks, course participants view recorded teachings, then gather in the online learning environment to discuss, contemplate and engage in exercises aimed at deepening their understanding.
1) Early Bird Discount. The Early Bird course rate of $150 is available until two weeks before the course begins. To take the discount at Registration, please use this coupon code: S9CKB6.
2) Regular Amount. The regular course rate is $175 applies two weeks prior to the start date.
3) Patron. The Patron rate of $200 supports our efforts to connect teachers and learners through online programs. In particular, it helps us offer the generosity policy to those in need.
4) Generosity Policy. Discounts of 25% or 50% are available by using the "Request a Discount" link below. For deeper discounts or scholarship, please write to [email protected].
Class size is limited to 10.