Thursday, November 30, 2017
Unconditional Healing: Finding Well-Being Through Adversity
Human beings are deeply conditioned to seek pleasure and avoid pain constantly. This attitude is ingrained in us and reinforced by our culture. Yet pleasure seeking/pain avoidance is impossible to sustain, especially when we confront adverse circumstances, such as serious illness or the loss of a loved one. We begin to question ourselves and our life’s purpose.
The view of Unconditional Healing is that these moments of adversity offer us opportunities to:
- Awaken and heal
- Take stock of ourselves
- Explore our underlying core beliefs
With a subtle shift in our attitude, adversity can provide the auspicious circumstance to arouse and deepen our latent compassion and wisdom.
In this 6-week course, participants will learn:
- The four components of healing and how to work with them
- The main obstacles that accompany illness and adversity
- Taking on pain and adversity as a spiritual path
- The true meaning of healing versus curing or fixing
- How to connect to one’s unconditional health
The course consists of:
- 6 recorded video presentations by Jeff Rubin
- Weekly readings and meditation practice
- An interactive discussion forum
- Prompts for contemplation and/or journaling
- 2 live sessions with the teacher and course mates
Prerequisites: The desire to take a contemplative, meditative approach toward the inevitable adverse circumstances in our life. Meditation experience is not required but complements the course.
About the Teacher
Jeff Rubin is a senior teacher in the Shambhala Buddhist tradition. He spends much of his time speaking and writing about Unconditional Healing, and facilitating Healing Circles in Manhattan. See the Unconditional Healing website for more about Jeff and his work.
About Our Courses
Our courses feature senior Shambhala teachers, an online community of participants, and facilitation by an experienced course leader. Over 6 to 8 weeks, course participants view recorded teachings, then gather in the online learning environment to discuss, contemplate and engage in exercises aimed at deepening their understanding.
When Does the Class Meet?
The course is asynchronous. You may view the recorded talks at your convenience. The recommended schedule is to view one talk each week and complete the associated readings and exercises in the module. There are several recorded talks, as well as live sessions that are scheduled; the course is open for 8 weeks. Recordings of live sessions will be available.
How Much Time Does it Take?
1) Early Bird Discount. The Early Bird course rate of $99 is available until two weeks before course opens. To take the discount at Registration, please use this coupon code: QGDTZZ.
2) Regular Amount. The regular course rate of $125 applies 2 weeks prior to the start date (unless otherwise stated).
3) Patron. The Patron rate of $150 supports our efforts to connect teachers and learners through online programs. In particular, it helps us offer the generosity policy to those in need.
4) Generosity Policy. We want to make these programs available to all and will work with you to ensure your participation. Request a discount of 25% or 50% using the link above the Register button. For a further discount or scholarship, please write to [email protected].