Tuesday, December 31, 2019
A Year of Deepening in Compassion
The path of the Bodhisattva Warrior begins with developing affection for ourselves and expands this to others, dissolving the barriers that divide us. To support this practice, the Shambhala Acharyas have offered to lead the community in a year long series of talks, contemplative and meditation practices from the Buddhist Mahayana teachings of our lineage.
Through Shambhala Online, these talks will occur, beginning on February 10th and conclude in January 2020. Throughout the year, the main practice is tonglen, which will be taught by Ani Pema Chodron with both a guided meditation and an audio talk that will be posted on the home page for the course. Additionally, live online talks by acharyas will introduce and support other practices of the Mahayana.
The year’s teachings are divided into four seasonal themes. Every three months a new course will begin but the program will be continuous. Within each season, acharyas will be offering talks that relate to that topic with their own personal approach. There will be one online discussion forum for each season.
The themes for the four seasons echo the virtues of the Four Dignities of the Shambhala Path
February 10 - April 21: Tiger, friendly to self and merciful to others: The Four Immeasurables
May 5 - July 14: Lion, joy of discipline: The Six Paramitas
July 28 - October 6: Garuda, space beyond hope and fear: Heart Sutra and Sunyata
October 20 - January 19: Dragon, compassionate engagement: Lojong, mind training
The Four Limitless Ones, is the first course of the four-part series exploring the Shambhala Mahayana teachings. This course includes Tonglen instruction and an audio talk by Acharya Pema Chodron and an introduction to The Four Limitless Ones. It also includes:
- Five live classes with an Acharya with an opportunity for Q&A.
- The classes will be recorded, and each will be led by a different Acharya.
- Access to the recordings will be available in the course if you miss a session.
- A live discussion led by the Acharyas. Live discussions are not recorded.
- Readings and book suggestions to deepen our understanding of these teachings
- Contemplations to help us integrate these fundamental teachings into our daily lives
- A discussion forum.
Schedule for Live Sessions and Course Outline (all Sundays)
February 10 -
February 24 - Equanimity
March 10 - Loving Kindness
March 24 - Compassion
April 7 - Live Discussion led by the Acharyas
April 21 - Sympathetic Joy and Course Conclusion
Meeting times: 10am PST / 11am MST /12pm CST / 1pm EST / 2pm AST / 7pm CET
Package Discount Options
- Individual rate: $389 for the entire four-part series.
- Center and Group rate: $999 Centers, $699 Groups.
- Patron rate: The patron rate of $449 supports our efforts to connect teachers and learners through online programs. In particular, it helps us offer the generosity policy to those in need.
* * * * *
Generosity Policy. We want to make the teachings available to all and will work with you to ensure your participation. Log in and click on the Request a Discount link below before registering to receive a coupon code to use at checkout. For a further discount or scholarship, write to [email protected].
Questions? Write to [email protected].