Sunday, June 23, 2019
Sunday, July 7, 2019
Sunday, July 21, 2019
Sunday, August 11, 2019
Sunday, August 18, 2019
Six Talks on the Protector Principle and Protectors
This six-talk series on protector principle and the protector chants is open to all Shambhala practitioners. It will focus on understanding the purpose of the different protector chants, the meaning of protector principle, and how it is applicable to everyday life.
- Protector Principle and The Shambhala Protector Chant -- June 9
- Protectors of the Three Courts & the Structure of Protector Chants -- June 23
- Four-Armed Mahakala, Vetali, and the Kagyu Lineage -- July 7
- Ekajati, Vajrasadhu, and the Nyingma Lineage -- July 21
- Magyal Pomra, Gesar, and the Shambhala Lineage -- August 11 (new date)
- The Concluding Request to the Protectors -- August 18
Each class will begin with the Shambhala Lineage Supplication and a short White Tara practice, followed by the talk and discussion.
This course is open to everyone practicing in the Shambhala Buddhist tradition.
Published editions of the chants that we will be studying may be ordered from the Nalanda Translation Committee.
About the Teacher
Walker Blaine has studied and practiced in the Shambhala tradition for 35 years. For the last ten years, his primary focus has been the support of vajrayana aspects of the Shambhala path through writing, composition of ritual instructions, program support, overseeing transcription, assisting in Tibetan language translation, and caring for the texts and instructions of the Shambhala Buddhist tradition. Walker’s ebook, The Great River of Blessings, an account of the Rinchen Terdzö received by the Sakyong in the winter of 2008-2009, can be downloaded here. His two CDs of Buddhist music can be sampled on iTunes. In 2016 he premiered a five-act Shambhala comedy, Norbu and the Mystery of the Missing Ratna. He lives with his wife Patricia and their son Griffin Arrow in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
When Does the Class Meet?
The classes will meet live on the following Sundays: June 9, 23, July 7, 21, August 11, 18.
Live classes will be recorded and available for viewing later within the course.
11am Pacific / 12pm Mountain / 1pm Central / 2pm Eastern / 3pm Atlantic / 7pm UK, / 8pm Central Europe
- Individual rate: The regular course rate is $108.
- Center and Group rates: $399 Centers, $249 Groups
- Patrons: The Patron rate of $149 supports our efforts to connect teachers and learners through online programs. In particular, it helps us offer the generosity policy to those in need
* * * * *
Generosity Policy. Log in below and click on the Request a Discount link before registering to receive a coupon code. For a further discount or scholarship, write to [email protected].
Questions? Write to [email protected].
NOTE to Centers and Groups: Please register with your Shambhala account. Click here for instructions on creating an account.