Friday, December 31, 2021
This "open enrollment" course may be completed on your own schedule.
Deepening Compassion: Lojong and Compassionate Engagement
The spiritual path does not lead to non-activity and withdrawing from the world. In the Shambhala tradition, the master warrior is profoundly engaged.
He or she can rest in space, but doesn’t hold on to that experience…
Rather, the increased relaxation and openness allow the warrior to manifest and respond in a way that is skillful and wise, because completely in touch with what is going on.
This course explores the teachings on Lojong, Atisha's famous mind-training slogans, that invite us to utilize the difficulties and problems we encounter to deepen our path. Rather than seeing the unwanted aspects of life as obstacles, they can be viewed as the raw material necessary for awakening genuine uncontrived compassion, for ourselves and others.
The course includes:
- Recorded classes.
- Readings and book suggestions to deepen our understanding of these teachings
- Contemplations to help us integrate these fundamental teachings into our daily lives
- A discussion forum.
Part IV - Course Outline
- Awakening the Heart of Compassion: An Introduction to Lojong and the Four Reminders
- Empty Heart: Absolute Bodhicitta Slogans with John Rockwell
- Generating Compassion, Touching the Suffering of the World (Relative Slogans Part I) with Holly Gayley
- Cultivating the Resilient Heart of the Warrior with Acharya Fleet Maull
- Bodhicitta in Everyday Life with Susan Skjei
- The Vow of the Bodhisattva Warrior: the Radical Wisdom of an Open Heart (Summary of the Year) with Susan Chapman
(NOTE: Registration for the four-part series offers a substantial "package" discount. See Registration Options below.)
Four-course package discount→ $249 (Save $107!) Register here.
Four-course package discount→$299 (Save $133!) Register here.
Four-course package discount→ $499 (Save $697!) Register here.
Four-course package discount→ $399 (Save $597!) Register here.
* * * * *
Generosity Policy. Request a discount below, or see the "pay-what-you-can" option when you click on Register Now.