Living with Resilience: How to Become Gentle and Tough
Meeting the demands of modern life in an increasingly complex world has been challenging for some time. Currently, however, we are beginning to experience a phenomenon called hyper-complexity driven by technology, overpopulation and a looming climate emergency, which could greatly destabilize our already fragile and unsustainable systems.
Rampant materialism, consumerism and individualism are not only creating an existential, environmental threat, but they are also tearing the very fabric of society and provoking dangerous levels of political divisiveness and economic disruption. How are we to survive much less thrive in these uncertain times?
Talk 1: The Challenge: Why We Need Deep Reservoirs of Resilience
- Modern life: Materialism, Individualism, Consumerism, Speed, Aggression
- Social Media & Breakdowns in social cohesion
- Hyper Complexity – Causes & Conditions – Macro Economic/Cultural Forces
- Climate Emergency & Social, Economic, Political Disruption
- Possibilities of Collapse & Extinction
Talk 2: Ownership in Service of Self-Empowerment & Resilience
- Pain/Shame Body Identities
- Radical Responsibility: Ownership vs. Blame
- Empowerment Zone vs. Drama Zone
- Shambhala Warriorship: Bravery vs. Cowardice
Talk 3: Deep Embodiment: Mindfulness & Interoceptive Awareness
- Mindfulness of Body
- Interoceptive Awareness
- Presence and Nondual Being
- Internal Resonance Supports Healing and Resilience
Talk 4: Heart Centered – Intersubjective Awareness
- Shifting Locus of Perception from the Head to the Heart
- Vulnerability and Presencing Others
- Symbiosis of Interoceptive and Intersubjective Awareness
- Heart-Mind of Interbeing and Social Resilience
Talk 5: Earth Conscious Living & Cycle of Resilience
- Reconnecting with Earth through the Body
- Reconnecting with Earth through the Heart
- Joining Heaven and Earth
- Shambhala Heart Warriors Protecting the Earth
- Taking Action – Shame and Blame Free Individual & Collective Action
Patron: $149. This rate helps our efforts to extend generosity support to those in need.
Centers: $449. Groups: $349. (Please use your Center or Group account to register. Follow these instructions if you need to create an account.)
Generosity Policy. We want to make the teachings available to all and will work with you to ensure your participation. Click on the Request a Discount link before you register, to receive a discount code to use at checkout. For a further discount or scholarship, write to [email protected].