Meeting the demands of modern life in an increasingly complex world has been challenging for some time. Currently, however, we are beginning to experience a phenomenon called hyper-complexity driven by technology, overpopulation and a looming climate emergency, which could greatly destabilize our already fragile and unsustainable systems.
Rampant materialism, consumerism and individualism are not only creating an existential, environmental threat, but they are also tearing the very fabric of society and provoking dangerous levels of political divisiveness and economic disruption. How are we to survive, much less thrive, in these uncertain times?
In this course, we will explore strategies for increasing our reservoirs of resilience through a deeply embodied approach to mindfulness-awareness practices and mindful presence in daily living by actualizing our innate capacity for interoceptive awareness.
The course consists of five pre-recorded talks. It also includes guided meditations, contemplations and suggested readings.
Learn How To:
Become aware of the ways we sabotage our physical and mental health and resilience.
Utilize tools to work with the overwhelm inherent in our societal world.
The Challenge: Why We Need Deep Reservoirs of Resilience
- Modern life: Materialism, Individualism, Consumerism, Speed, Aggression
- Social Media & Breakdowns in social Cohesion
- Hyper Complexity: Causes & Conditions, Macro Economic/Cultural Forces
- Climate Emergency & Social, Economic, Political Disruption
- Possibilities of Collapse & Extinction
Ownership in Service of Self-Empowerment and Resilience
- Pain/Shame Body Identities
- Radical Responsibility: Ownership vs. Blame
- Empowerment Zone vs. Drama Zone
- Shambhala Warriorship: Bravery vs. Cowardice
Deep Embodiment: Mindfulness & Interoceptive Awareness
- Mindfulness of Body
- Interoceptive Awareness
- Presence and Nondual Being
- Internal Resonance Supports Healing and Resilience
Heart Centered: Intersubjective Awareness
- Shifting focus of Perception from the Head to the Heart
- Vulnerability and Presencing Others
- Symbiosis of Interoceptive and Intersubjective Awareness
- Heart-Mind of Interbeing and Social Resilience
Earth Conscious Living & Cycle of Resilience
- Reconnecting with Earth through the Body
- Reconnecting with Earth through the Heart
- Joining Heaven and Earth
- Shambhala Heart Warriors Protecting the Earth
- Taking Action: Shame and Blame Free Individual & Collective Action