Sunday, April 30, 2017 (05:00 -06:00)
Explore your phenomenal world through photography! This second level course offers you a chance to continue to practice Miksang Photography with senior teacher Miriam Hall. Each week you'll have a different lesson, chances to post your images for feedback on social media of your choice, and live meetings with the teacher to discuss any questions that are arising.
This engaging, social, incredible practice has only been offered online in limited or non-live ways in the past. Here's your chance to continue your study with Miriam and to build community online with photography and mindfulness.
Prerequisite: Level I live or online with a formal teacher.
About the Teacher
Miriam Hall teaches contemplative arts full time, and has been an instructor in Shambhala for the last seven years. Her main focus is Contemplative Writing and Nalanda Miksang Contemplative Photography. She lives in Madison, WI, and teaches across North America and Europe.
Looking and Seeing by John McQuade and Miriam Hall.
- March 1 - April 15 (6 weeks)
- Each week has one shooting assignment (should leave at least an hour to shoot in your schedule).
- Strongly suggested reading from required book ahead of time or during class.
- Students post their photos to social media (Facebook and Flickr preferred, but Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram also work) for comments from Miriam and students.
- Live one hour meeting once a week to discuss.
- Live sessions meet every Friday for six weeks, March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 - Fridays 12pm to 1pm Central Time Zone, otherwise Flickr. (2-3pm Atlantic, 1-2pm Eastern, 10-11am Pacific).
Suggested commitment: 3 hours a week - one hour to read/contemplate, one hour to shoot, one hour to post/comment.
About Our Courses
Our courses feature senior Shambhala teachers, an online community of participants, and facilitation by an experienced course leader. Over 6 to 8 weeks, course participants view recorded teachings, then gather in the online learning environment to discuss, contemplate and engage in exercises aimed at deepening their understanding.
When Does the Class Meet?
This course includes six live sessions.
How Much Time Does it Take?
1) Early Bird Discount. The Early Bird course rate of $150 is available until February 15. To take the discount at Registration, please use this coupon code: TFP9PI.
2) Regular Amount. The regular course rate of $175 applies 2 weeks prior to the start date (unless otherwise stated).
3) Patron. The Patron rate of $200 supports our efforts to connect teachers and learners through online programs. In particular, it helps us offer the generosity policy to those in need.
4) Generosity Policy. We want to make the teachings available to all and will work with you to ensure your participation. Click on the Request a Discount link, before your register, to receive a coupon code to use at checkout.