Saturday, April 1, 2017
Saturday, May 6, 2017
Saturday, June 3, 2017
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Saturday, August 5, 2017
- March 4 - The View with Kalapa Acharya Adam Lobel
- April 1 - What is Offered Now with Tracy Suchocki
- May 6 - Starting a Program with Laura Burnham
- June 3 - Parenting as Path with Acharya David Schneider
- July 1 - Education of a Warrior with Steve Sachs
- August 5 - Shambhala Household - presenter to be announced
Acharya Adam Lobel is a teacher in the Shambhala tradition, a Buddhist minister, a scholar of philosophy and religion, and a father of two. Acharya Lobel, the Kalapa Acharya, is particularly responsible for curriculum and path development as well as training Shambhala teachers.
What is Offered Now: Many of us aren't aware of the rich array of offerings already in place, all over the world, for families and children in Shambhala. Join us for an overview and discussion of what programs are already offered, including Family Camp, Rites of Passage, Nyida Day Celebrations, Children's Programs, Parenting programs, Teen programs, and more!
Tracy Suchocki is a teacher and leader in the Shambhala Tradition as well as a mother. Tracy has been working with Family and Children's initiatives for years, serving on the Working Group, and coordinating Family Camp.
Starting a Program: Are you interested in starting programming for families and children with your group or center? This class will provide you with an overview of how to get started- what is needed, what resources are already out there, and how to find support.
Laura Burnham is a long time leader and practitioner in the Shambhala Tradition. She started the Children's Program in LA, has served on the Family and Children's Working Group, and has played an integral role in helping other Shambhala Centers offer children's programming, including Rites of Passage.
Parenting as Path: Parenting as Path is way that parents can connect with practice and with each other through their local centers and groups. Join us for an exploration of this rich offering.
Acharya David Schneider is a long time student of the Shambhala tradition, a senior teacher, a father, and an author. He has served as Director of Shambhala Europe and played an integral role in many children's programs in Europe, especially Rites of Passage.
Education of a Warrior: There are many schools which are based on and inspired by the Shambhala teachings. Join us for an overview of these schools and a broader discussion of Shambhala education.
Steve Sachs is a long time educator, student of Shambhala, and leader in offering programming for families in Shambhala. He co-founded a contemplative elementary school in 2005 and currently teaches at Alaya Preschool.
- Six-Session Series: $30 for Individuals, $45 for Patrons, $99 for Centers, $79 for Groups. (Click on the "Register now" link at very bottom of this page.)
- Each Event only: $10 for Individuals, $15 for Patrons, $33 for Centers, $25 for Groups.
- To register for individual sessions only, click on one of the links in the schedule below.