Friday, June 2, 2017
Explore your phenomenal world through photography! This course offers you a chance to practice Nalanda Miksang Photography with senior teacher Miriam Hall. Each week you'll have a different lesson, chances to post your images for feedback on social media of your choice, and live meetings with the teacher to discuss any questions that are arising.
This engaging, social, incredible practice has only been offered online in limited or non-live ways in the past. Here's your chance to study with a senior teacher and build community online with photography and mindfulness.
About the Teacher
Miriam Hall teaches contemplative arts full time, and has been an instructor in Shambhala for the last seven years. Her main focus is Contemplative Writing and Nalanda Miksang Contemplative Photography. She lives in Madison, WI, and teaches across North America and Europe.
Looking and Seeing by John McQuade and Miriam Hall
- May 5 - June 2 (5 weeks)
- Each week has one shooting assignment (leave at least an hour to shoot in your schedule).
- Strongly suggested reading from required book ahead of time or during class.
- Students post their photos to Flickr for comments from Miriam and students, as well as particpate in discussions in Flickr forums.
- Live one hour meeting once a week to discuss on Fridays - May 5, 12, 19, 26 and June 2 from 2 - 3pm Central. (4 - 5pm Atlantic, 3 - 4pm Eastern, 1 - 2pm Mountain, 12 - 1pm Pacific)
- Must purchase Looking and Seeing book for the course.
Suggested commitment: 3 hours a week - one hour to read/contemplate, one hour to shoot, one hour to post/comment.
About Our Courses
Our courses feature senior Shambhala teachers, an online community of participants, and facilitation by an experienced course leader. Over 6 to 8 weeks, course participants view recorded teachings, then gather in the online learning environment to discuss, contemplate and engage in exercises aimed at deepening their understanding.Registration Options
1) Early Bird Discount. The Early Bird course rate of $150 is available until two weeks before the course opens. To take the discount at registration, please use this coupon code: TPWIB5.
2) Regular Amount. The regular course rate of $175 applies 2 weeks prior to the start date (unless otherwise stated).
3) Patron. The Patron rate of $200 supports our efforts to connect teachers and learners through online programs. In particular, it helps us offer the generosity policy to those in need.
Class size is limited to 15.