Sunday, July 14, 2019
A Year of Deepening in Compassion
Shambhala Online is pleased to offer a year-long series of Buddhist Mahayana teachings taught by the Shambhala Acharyas. These live events began in February 2019 and will conclude in January 2020.
The teachings are divided into four seasonal themes, with a new course beginning every three months. Within each season, acharyas will be offering talks that relate to that topic with their own personal approach. There will be one online discussion group for each season.
The themes for the four seasons echo the virtues of the Four Dignities of the Shambhala Path.
February 10 - April 21: Tiger, friendly to self and merciful to others: The Four Immeasurables (You can still register here!)
May 5 - July 14: The Joyful Snow Lion: The Paramitas
July 28 - October 6: Garuda, space beyond hope and fear: Heart Sutra and Sunyata
October 20 - January 19: Dragon, compassionate engagement: Lojong, mind training
The Joyful Snow Lion: the Paramitas, is the second course of the four-part series exploring the Shambhala Mahayana teachings. This course includes an exploration of Relative Bodhicitta and how we put our aspiration into action with the practice of the Paramitas.
It also includes:
- Five live classes with an Acharya with an opportunity for Q&A.
- The classes will be recorded, and each will be led by a different Acharya.
- Access to the recordings will be available in the course, if you miss a session.
- A live discussion led by the Acharyas. Live discussions are not recorded.
- Readings and book suggestions to deepen our understanding of these teachings
- Contemplations to help us integrate these fundamental teachings into our daily lives
- A discussion forum.
Schedule for Live Sessions and Talks (all Sundays)
For those unable to attend, all live sessions will be recorded and available within the course.
May 5 -
May 19 - Discipline with Acharya Emily Bower
June 2 - Patience with Acharya Suzann Duquette
June 16 - Exertion with Acharya Moh Hardin
June 30 - Live Group Discussion led by the Acharyas
July 14 - Dhyana: Meditation and Course Conclusion, with Acharya John Rockwell
Meeting times: 10am Pacific / 11am Mountain /12pm Central / 1pm Eastern / 2pm Atlantic / 7pm Central Europe
- Individual rate: The regular course rate is $108.
- Center and Group rates: $300 Centers, $200 Groups
- Patrons: The Patron rate of $149 supports our efforts to connect teachers and learners through online programs. In particular, it helps us offer the generosity policy to those in need.
Package Discount (includes all four courses):
- Individual rate: $389. Patrons $449. Register here.
- Center and Group rates: $999 Centers. $699 Groups. Register here.
To register only for Part I: The Four Immeasurables, see this link.
Please note: Part 1 is not a pre-requisite for Part 2.
* * * * *
Generosity Policy. We want to make the teachings available to all and will work with you to ensure your participation. Log in and click on the Request a Discount link below before registering to receive a coupon code to use at checkout. For a further discount or scholarship, write to [email protected].
Questions? Write to [email protected].
Please log in to register.