Sunday 7 December 2014
In this session, Shambhala teacher Jeff Rubin will discuss principles of Unconditional Healing, and the role of Healing Circles in fostering a sense of maitri (self-compassion) and well-being in participants. FREE!
On December 6, the Sakyong will teach on the Shambhala Sadhana from the Halifax Shambhala Centre, via Shambhala Online. Join us for a wonderful opportunity to connect with the Sakyong, and to hear his teaching on this profound practice. Prerequisites: Enlightened Society Assembly or the Shambhala Sadhana lung. $20 per person; $40 for patrons. Register here.
Richard Reoch, President of Shambhala, recently lectured on inter-religious conflict at Al-Akhawayn University, in Morocco. Reoch speaks on religious conflict around the world, and the deeper forces that may be driving that.
“This is an opportunity,” Reoch says, “to share deep concerns about buddhist violence in South and South East Asia, global Islamophobia, the sharp rise in anti-semitism and other manifestations of human hatred, as well as to examine the influence of spirituality in the search for peace.” To see the recordings, click here. For the full written text and photos, click here.
Fall Talks on Dharma, Health & Well-Being: Free!
- Nashalla Nyida will speak on The Principles of Tibetan Medicine on November 9 at 1pm Eastern.
- Jeff Rubin will discuss Unconditional Healing: Discovering Wisdom within Illness and Adversity on December 7 at 1pm Eastern.
Recently we collaborated with the Shambhala Center in Mexico City to stream bilingual dharma talks by amazing teachers, in English with Spanish translation. Both wonderful recordings are available for your enjoyment.
- Acharya Marty Janowitz on Meditation: From Stillness to Action / Meditación: de la quietud a la acción
- Acharya Eve Rosenthal on The Feminine Principle in Buddhism / El Principio Femenino en el budhismo
Way of Shambhala meditation courses offer a complete training in authentic meditation practices and teachings, open to all interested students. The Shambhala Path emphasizes the development of genuineness, confidence, good humor, and personal human dignity.
Visit Our Open House to see short videos by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche and senior teachers in the Shambhala tradition. Short clips from Way of Shambhala Courses provide a glimpse of the rich content taught by Acharyas Adam Lobel, Eve Rosenthal, John Rockwell, Arawana Hayashi, Gaylon Ferguson and more.
Online Classes and Interactive Programming
Shambhala Online offers live, interactive talks and teachings with senior teachers from across the worldwide Shambhala community. Join online programs from your local centre or from your home. You’ll find programs for every practice level. For a full list of upcoming events, click the Calendar tab above. Please visit our Program Library for programs you may have missed.
Even if you live far from a Shambhala Centre, you can still engage in Way of Shambhala training. Our online course environment fosters communities of learners, allowing you to connect with fellow travelers on life’s journey. Find upcoming courses here.
Shambhala Online News
- Harmony Through Tibetan Medicine (10/29/2014) - What makes traditional Tibetan medicine so special? Nashalla Nyida will discuss this on Sunday, November 9, during a live Shambhala Online program. It’s free, so plan to join us! Read her article about the basics tenets of Tibetan Medicine. She’ll be teaching a weekend program at Shambhala Mountain Center December 12-14.
- The Feminine Principle in Buddhism / El Principio Femenino en El Budismo (10/27/2014) - Enjoy this short clip of Acharya Eve Rosenthal, speaking from Mexico City on how every human can engage both feminine and masculine energies — accommodation and activity — in a dynamic and healthy way. In English with Spanish translation. For the entire talk, click here.
- To Ferguson, MO, with Love (10/9/2014) - These men have come to #Ferguson, MO all the way from India, where they live in exile, to bring a message of PEACE.✌️ pic.twitter.com/Zt8zNQWGEq — Antonio French (@AntonioFrench) August 17, 2014